With temperatures warming up here soon, you might have come to the realization that it’s time to schedule maintenance for your air conditioner. Or perhaps you think since your air conditioner is working “just fine” this year, you can skip maintenance for once. We really want to encourage you to go ahead and schedule that appointment, though.
It’s never too late to get your AC tuned-up, and it’s never a bad idea to do so. There are many benefits to routine, professional maintenance.
Schedule a Tune-Up Once a Year
Professional air conditioning maintenance is something that every system needs to have done on a regular basis—once a year. If you have a 2-in-1 heat pump system then this should be bumped up to every 6 months.
Consistency matters more than timing here. We do normally recommend that you have AC maintenance done in the fall, before you need the system the most, but frequency is more important. Why?
- Because Summer Doesn’t Take A Break: We might have pretty cold winters, however our weather gets pretty dang hot and humid in the summertime. Maintenance helps make sure that your air conditioning system is always ready to tackle warmer temperatures, no matter how long they last or when they strike.
- Skipping a Tune-Up Leads to Higher Utility Bills: In general, each year that your AC system goes without professional maintenance, it drops about 5% of its efficiency, and this drop-off gets steeper over time. You’ll find yourself paying more for the times your air conditioner is running longer than it should have to in order to try to cool your home.
- Avoid Sudden AC Breakdowns: Perhaps the biggest reason you should stay on top of your regular AC maintenance appointments is to prevent your system from suddenly shutting down on you during one of the hottest days of the year. There are plenty of those coming right around the corner, and you need your cooling system ready to get through each of them!
- Prevent Unnecessary Repair Needs: You shouldn’t have to spend money that you would otherwise use to enjoy your summer on repairs for an air conditioner that shouldn’t have needed them to begin with! Maintenance is precautionary, giving our team the opportunity to alert you to any small adjustment or repair needs before they become an emergency repair need instead.
- You’ll Save Money: Cleaning your air conditioner during maintenance helps to keep it working as efficiently as possible. Alerting you to repair needs now helps you avoid emergency repairs later, and overall maintenance helps improve the longevity of your system so you don’t need a premature repair. What this all means is that you won’t spend more money than necessary on your air conditioner usage.
One thing is for sure—if you need maintenance then you need an experienced team for the job. We are that team! Reach out to us for your tune-up and you can trust a job well done.